In addition to fixture or console repair and refurbishment, LightParts performs component level PC board repair. By offering fast turnaround and fair prices, this valuable repair service has become very popular with customers worldwide. Before you give up on that logic board or power supply, give us a call or email!
PC BOARD REPAIRS:
Our flat rate charge for automated light PC boards (motor drive, CPU, electronic ballast, etc.) is $235 per PCB + return shipping. The $235 charge includes any parts used in the repair. If no problems are found with your PC board, or the board is damaged beyond reliable repair, your credit card will be charged a $50.00 Evaluation Fee per PCB. If you opt to purchase a replacement PCB from LightParts, the $50 evaluation fee is waived.
We also offer expedited service on PC boards. The charge for this service is $50 per PC board in addition to the $235 repair charge.
FIXTURE, CONSOLE, FOGGER, STROBES, ETC. REPAIRS:
(any item that would not be considered a PCB, electronic ballast or power supply)
LightParts' base shop rate for repair of lighting consoles, automated lights, foggers, strobes (everything BUT PC boards) is $95 per hour + parts, packing and return freight. We will contact the customer for approval if the repair cost per unit will exceed more than $300. Otherwise, LightParts shall proceed with the repair and charge the customer’s credit card for the cost of repairs, packing (if necessary) and return shipping.
If no problems are found with your unit, the unit is beyond reliable repair, or you choose not to proceed with repairs to your unit after receiving an estimate (only sent if the cost of the repair for the unit will exceed $300), your credit card will be charged a $95 evaluation fee, plus packing (if necessary) and return shipping costs.
LightParts warrants all repairs for 90 days on the part(s) that we repaired. For example, if we repaired the lamp power supply in your Studio Color and the logic board fails 60 days later, that is not a warranty claim.
Here's the procedure for sending your item for repair to LightParts:
- Click Here to Request Authorization (RMA) number prior to shipment.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT REPAIRS THAT DO NOT HAVE AN RA NUMBER ATTACHED, AND THE SHIPMENT WILL BE REFUSED.
We get a lot of gear in for repair, and it's impossible for us to track your unit through the repair process without an RA number.
- Ship the unit(s) for repair freight prepaid, along with a note attached to each unit describing the problem(s) with that unit, to the following address:
Attn: RA ####
2507 West Howard Lane
Austin, Texas USA 78728-7102
- PLEASE use factory packing or a road case if at all possible when shipping items for repair to LightParts. In the event of freight damage, having the unit in proper packing is vital to actually getting paid on a freight damage claim. If you don't have factory packing and are determined to "do it yourself", feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to advise how to properly package your item.
- Upon occasion, we will receive a product so poorly packed that LightParts reserves the right to re-package your product properly for the return shipment, and charge the customer for the service. Otherwise we can be held liable for inproper packing on the return shipment. The best way to avoid this hassle and additional cost is to ship the unit in a factory carton or a road case.
- If it is determined during the evaluation process that the cost of repair will exceed half of the replacement value, we will contact you for approval before proceeding.
- Once the repairs are complete, the gear is reboxed and we have a repair total including freight, we'll then contact you for credit card information for payment. Once the credit card transaction is complete, we'll send your unit back via Fed Ex in most cases.
If you would like to discuss your specific service needs, please don't hesitate to contact us today - operators are standing by!
Concerning Purchasing Parts:
Expected Shipping Date: If your order is not in stock, we'll provide you with an expected shipping date whenever possible. This is the best information we have of when you can expect your order to leave the warehouse. Allow additional time for delivery to your location. Please note: These dates are sometimes only estimates provided to us by our suppliers and may occasionally change.